Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beanies beanies and more beanies






Yay! I've finally got the hang of crocheting beanies! I've been working toward this goal for a long time and I'm glad that I've finally got it down, even though it seems that I make each one a little different. But that aspect is what makes handmade things wonderful, right?

School is back in session and resolutions are in full swing. It seems that all of my resolutions never happen and fizzle out after a few weeks of doing them, so I thought I might just start a "resolution" of setting small goals at the begging of each month. Small goals seem to help me because I don't get overwhelmed before I even begin. One of my goals for this month is to become a better seamstress, and I'm so excited to be apart of Rachel Denbow's Modern Patchwork. When I read about it on her blog, I knew this was a perfect thing for my seamstress goal. So, I'll be giving little updates about my progress throughout the month! I'm really excited to share these goals with all of you (it helps me to be accountable for them) and hopefully they'll inspire you to make little goals of your own :)

P.S. Please take notice to my beautiful new winter time header that the wonderfully talented Kacey Holifield did! Yes, she has made all of my headers thus far and I plan to always use her creative mind. She's the best!

xoxokayla

No comments:

Post a Comment