Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fashion Inspirations

I know that I'm not alone when I say this, but fashion definitely plays a big role in what inspires me. My friend Josie definitely contributes to my love for fashion. For as long as I can remember, Josie has been infatuated with fashion. Yes, I always liked to go shopping and buy clothes, but until I was in about the 8th grade did I really understand fashion. Josie would always push my boundaries as to what I was comfortable with wearing until things "I thought I could never pull off" became my normal. She opened my eyes to a world that I now love and I'm greatly appreciative of that.
So here are a few items that are inspiring me.


I love the concept of mixing patterns. I've never been one where things in my wardrobe have to match, they just have to "go". The idea of mixing patterns takes that a step further in the right direction..

These color combinations are perfect for spring and summer, along with just plum cute! Ankle cowboy boots are something that I'm completely gaga over.


Guys, I'm trying not to leave you out on this. Combat boots and skinny jeans. Nice combo if you ask me. (this is cute for girls too!)


I was always told growing up not to mix browns and blacks in an outfit, but I love to do it. Also, tights and shorts are supppperrr cute.

The "band/grunge" look has always been one of my favorite looks for guys.



How romantic and sweet is this outfit?! The lace top and full-length bottom is to die for. Light and airy things always find a special place in my heart.

I know that the cold days are almost gone forever, but I loved this outfit too much to not put it on here! This comfortable, effortlessly cool outfit is amazing. (see combat boots look good on girls!)

Casual, tailored jackets need to be every guys best friend. They look so good!

I hope you've found a few items of fashion that will in return inspire you! My advice to any person is to not be afraid to wear the things you want because it might be different than what every one else is wearing. That's ok! Be the next trend setter, let things "you never thought you could pull off" become your new normal. :)
xo kayla

1 comment: