Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Who Am I?


photo

As tempted as I am to let that photo speak for itself, I suppose for my grade sake I'll try to do something that I have never really been that good at: bios.

My name is Kayla Gates and the purpose of this "first" blog entry is to tell you a little bit about myself. I'm sure you'd be able to get a better sense of who I am by reading previous post on this blog, but I'm going to try to sum myself up in this post. I am a full time student at the University of Southern Mississippi majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Fashion Merchandising. I once thought that I wanted to be a Fashion Merchandising major and a Public Relations minor, but the ridiculous math courses and the advisement from elders convinced me to swap the two. I realized that I wanted to be more on the "public" side of fashion than stuck behind a computer screen picking out clothes that would hopefully sell in some store that I never stepped foot in. So, here I am hoping to one day be part of the Ruche or Modcloth Public Relations team.

I would like to think that my major/minor gives you a glimpse as to what my interest and hobbies pertain too. I am a sucker for lusting over clothes that I can't afford, an aesthetically pleasing magazine or blog, and trying to come up with something new to create. In the summer of 2011, I started my own handmade company called The Fancy Fox. I have sold my creations at numerous local craft fairs and The Fancy Fox has been featured in Click Boutique and Dolce La Vita. I have also designed pieces for high-end photoshoots with Daniel & Steph Photography and BlackBird Photography. I am really proud and humbled by my little business and I hope that the skills that I learn while at USM will help me to further my passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment