Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hippies

I'm in total love with this headband! I made it for Ariel for Decades Day at her high school Friday; her class is being hippies. She asked me for help coming up with something to wear and of course I took it and ran. I got my inspiration for the headband from this lovely lady.


We bought a white dress and I let her borrow my yellow moccasins to tie the whole outfit together! I was really please with the way it turned out! The girl in the picture used real flowers, but I just bought fake sunflowers from Walmart because I knew they would need to last for a few days. It was a super easy, fun project though! I really hope it works well for her! I thought it was a nice alternative to the normal "stretchy headband, tie-died t-shirt, peace sign" even though a peace sign still might have to be thrown in there somewhere :)


I have an exciting Saturday coming up with Aunt Paula! She's teaching me all her tips and tricks for sewing and I couldn't be happier about this! I told her all of my ideas tonight and she's thinks they're great and we're going to try to tackle them all Saturday! I feel like jumping for joy! :D

I hope your weekend is great!
xo
kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment