Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blue Skies + Day Dreaming

pillow

I couldn't wait to share this post! A) Because it's an outfit post and I've become quite fond of doing them. B) Because I wanted to share with you the latest thing that I've made!

pill

pil

I made the dress and the belt! But I have a tiny confession, I made the dress out of a pillowcase! That's right! Easiest dress ever made. I kept seeing so many little girls run around in adorable pillowcase dresses and I thought to myself, I could make a "grown up" version for me! So now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bombard you with pictures!

pillowca

pillowc

pillowcas

pillowcase

pillowcasedress

I didn't want it to look like I was wearing a pillowcase. So to give it a little bit of form, I made this belt to tie around my waist. The belt was another simple thing that consist of ribbon and fabric squares that I hand sewed on. Super simple but along with the lacey trim that I put on the bottom I really think it just pulled it all together for a polished look!

pillowcasedre

pillowcasedr

It reminds me of a dress that you would wear to a wedding. What do you think? I hope all of you are having a great week! Enjoy the blue skies and keep on day dreaming.

Dress: Handmade
Cardigan: JcPenny's
Belt: Handmade
Flower Hair Clip: Forever21


xoxo


pillowcased

2 comments:

  1. love love love it! You are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre just too freakin awesome Kayla. The Dress and the pics are amazing. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete