Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Styling from Down Under



Fashion inspiration can come from many different places, races and ethnicity. Looking at fashion trends from all over the world can not only broaden ones sense of fashion, but it can also broaden the way you think/feel culturally without having to leave your bedroom. 

One of my favorite Australian fashion bloggers is "Friend in Fashion." 

It's fun keeping up with her blog to see what the Aussies have to say about the upcoming fashion trends considering they're literally seasons ahead of us. 

I've noticed that a lot of Australian trends seem to be the same as American trends. I also see things that I want to turn my nose up at at first glance, but then wonder how I will feel about it if I see fashion icons in America putting "American twist" on it. 



This "photo-real" skirt is a perfect example. At first glance, I think, "Eww. Horrible 90's flashbacks." but maybe our friendly Australian fashionista is on to something that us American's just can't see yet! She is definitely making it more prep-à-porter than I would have ever thought imaginable if I would have just seen it hanging in a store. 



I'd also like to note the fact that she seems to have a high fashion beach bum feel to her. Does anyone else get that? She has that naturally beautiful "fresh from the beach" skin tone that Aussies have. 



Over these next few blog post, I hope to explore what the world outside of the great USofA has to offer and share it with you. It's time for us Mississippians to think outside of what Betty-down-the-street is wearing and even dare to wonder what beautiful things each race and ethnicity has to offer us fashion lovers.  




No comments:

Post a Comment