Monday, May 23, 2011

Oreo Crumble Pie

Spencer is coming home from China! I can't believe it's been 12 days since I've seen my brother. I'm so used to seeing him pretty much every hour of my life that 12 days seems like an eternity. Since he'll be back late tonight, I decided that I would make him something that is one of his favorite things that I make and it's super American. Oreo Crumble Pie! This recipe is super easy and very delicious! If you're watching your figure, stop reading now because this little pie is loaded with everything bad for you! But if you're wanting to make something special for someone with little effort, this is the recipe for you!



o


What you need:
1 pack of Oreos
1 stick of butter
2 box pudding mixes (chocolate or vanilla)
4 cups of milk
1 box of creme cheese
1 container of cool whip





or

First take two and a half rows of Oreos (you'll need the other half later on) and smash them. You can crumble them with your hands, in a food processor, or (like me) put them in a gallon zip lock bag and smash them with a ladle.


ore

Next you'll want to melt the stick of butter in the microwave. Pour your crumbled Oreos and melted butter in a 9x13 pan. Mix together. This will be your crust for your pie. Next, stick your pan of yumminess in the freezer for 10 minutes.


oreo

While your crust is in the freezer, start making your two boxes of pudding. I used Jell-O Chocolate, but you can use vanilla if you prefer that. Go by the directions that are on the box (2 cups of milk per mixture and I would advise making each box seperately).


oreoc

Once your 10 minutes are up, take your crust out of the freezer and pour your freshly made pudding over the crust. Spread it around and stick in the freezer for 10 more minutes.


oreoca


While your pudding + crust are setting in the freezer, you can start making your topping! Take your thawed container of cool whip and your one box of room temperature creme cheese and mix them together in a bowl.



oreocak

After the ten minutes are up for the second time, spread your topping mixture over the pudding layer! But wait! There's one more step!

oreocake

oreocakee


Crumble up your last half row of Oreos and sprinkle them on top (stick in the freezer for about an hour or until ready to serve)! It will give people a peek at what they're about it dive into. I really hope you try this one! It's soooo good and, as you can see, super easy! Lastly, I'm going to leave you a few more pictures that Spencer sent me from China.




Photo May 19, 9 10 10 AM

Photo May 21, 6 03 23 PM

Photo May 19, 10 46 16 AM

Photo May 19, 11 27 45 AM

Photo May 19, 11 29 36 AM

Photo May 19, 11 29 52 AM

Photo May 19, 11 37 30 AM

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. MUST. MAKE. THAT. OREO. PIE. STAT. :)

    So glad I found your little bloggy, girl! My tummy thanks you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good! I hope that you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Great recipe! I'm so making that. I can't wait to eat it now, lol...!

    ReplyDelete