Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sailor, Ahoy!

ground

Eee! I'm so excited to share another outfit post with you! This outfit is rather special to me because...... I made the skirt! That's right! I present to you *drum roll* my "sailor" skirt!

skirt

stripes

anchors

Nautical themed items are always at the top of my list of things I love, but summer time is definitely my favorite time of the year to wear the ocean inspired look. Since summer notoriously goes hand-in-hand with going to the beach or lake, nautical themed clothing are naturally the thing to be inspired by in the summer, right?

button

Probably my favorite thing about my skirt are these vintage buttons. They're so perfect! I'm so thankful to be in Dawn's sewing class, I'm learning SEW much! I definitely could not have made this without her! Speaking of Dawn...you should drop by Hello Dearie and see if you were the winner of my crocheted flower headband giveaway!

shoes

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: JcPenny's
Anchor Shirt: Hand-me-down from Josie
Skirt: Handmade <3
Shoes: Rue21


xoxo

4 comments: