Monday, March 18, 2013

Fashion Japan


I briefly mentioned in my last post about Japanese street fashion. I thought that I would dive into that topic a little bit more this week because I feel like I might could have an endless conversation about it. 

First off, a little bit about the website Japanese Streets:

"Inspired by the stunningly creative street fashion that exploded on the streets of Tokyo and Osaka in the late 1990’s, photo-journalist Kjeld Duits launched JAPANESE STREETS in 2002. This makes JS one of the first fashion blogs on the net, and the very first to cover Japanese street fashion."


While browsing this site, I came across a current trend that blew me away (I still can't figure out if it was in a good way or not). This Decora trend can be spotted everywhere in Japan! 



This trend focuses on making the wearer look as young and "cute" as possible. I guess they do look like real-life baby dolls..... that have been played with a lot. I really feel like there isn't much I can say about the trend other than it really speaks for itself. 

This also goes to show you that haute couture fashion designers really don't run the show when it comes to fashion trends. A trend can be set in the streets. 


I just thought I'd throw in this last picture so you won't think EVERYONE in Japan dresses crazy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment